"Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education".
- Provide excellent blend of theory and practical knowledge.
- Establish center of excellence in post graduate studies and research.
- Prepare engineering professionals with highest ethical values and a sense of responsible citizenship.
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication is one of the major department of Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology established in 2002 offering programs : Under Graduate, Post Graduate (Signal Processing) and Ph.D.
With the change in engineering education scenario, we strive to impart training rather than theoretic approach to support experiential learning. We are sure that, demand raised by technological growth will be satisfied and our students will be empowered to face future generation in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication. Faculty members in the department modulate teaching based on their research experience and strive continuously to become effective teacher. In the philosophy of Outcome Based Education (OBE) curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are student centric.
Dr. Shailesh V. Kulkarni
Head of the Department
|POST GRADUATE PROGRAM|
||M.TECH E&TC (Signal Processing)
||Nature of Program
||Intake and Year of Sanction
||18 - Year 2011-2012
||Year of Sanction
Highlights of the Department:
Accreditation and Public Perception
- Accredited thrice by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Process work flow (Academic + Administrative) as per ISO 9001:2015
- Strong Industry advisory board
- Autonomy syllabus in consultation with Industry
Faculty and Support Staff
- Highly qualified (PhD-07, pursuing PhD-17) and experienced (Average teaching experience-12 years) Teaching Faculty
- Good faculty retention ratio (Approximately 97 %)
- Active participation and lead at various University activities
- Results are consistently well above average University results and Twelve (17) University Rankers for last 4 years
- Prize winning performances at national level project/paper competition
- Higher education in and abroad India
- Representation at Indian administrative/Public services (03)
- Working towards betterment of society through in-house value added project development.
- Good number of publications of students in National and International conference as well as Journals (50+).
Tie-up labs with Industry / Academic/research institutes of repute
- Established “VIIT National Instrument LabVIEW Academy”
- Green lab with SOLAR energy through 48 V DC grid
- Centre of Excellence of “ifm Germany”
- TIFR and BARC sponsored projects
- Established Centre of excellence with Texas Instruments and nodal centre for training
- Lab with SM technologies for IC design and fabrication
- State of the art communication lab under MODROB scheme
- Experiential learning in power /Industrial drive facility
- Virtual Laboratory of IIT, Bombay
- Good On campus Placement Record with average Salary of 5.44 lakhs/-
- Special efforts for Off campus recruitment through Industry interaction
- Vacation Internship for students at various industries
Research and Consultancy
- Research grants (AICTE, ISRO-SPPU Space, RGST, BCUD-SPPU, TIFR, VPRS) and Consultancy over Rs.1.73Crore.
- Patents Filed: 11 and Copyrights: 03
- 200+ Publication by Faculty at national /international journal/conferences