"Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education".
- Provide excellent blend of theory and practical knowledge.
- Establish center of excellence in post graduate studies and research.
- Prepare engineering professionals with highest ethical values and a sense of responsible citizenship.
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication is one of the major departments of Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology established in 2002 offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs:
With the change in engineering education scenario, we impart education with an appropriate skill to make our graduate competent for Industry, higher education, research, and entrepreneurship. We strive to satisfy demand raised by Industry by making students to face future generation technology and applications in consortium with our stakeholders like Industry and research institute of repute. Dynamic Updation of curriculum in tune with current requirements is vital in view of academic autonomy.
Faculty members in the department modulate teaching based on their research experience and strive continuously to become effective facilitator. In the philosophy of Outcome Based Education (OBE), curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are student centric.
In the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, our teachers continued for teaching learning process online with various effective tools and shall continue to demonstrate effectivity with trained manner.
Dr. Shailesh V. Kulkarni
Head of the Department
|UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAM|
||B.Tech (Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering)
||Nature of Program
|POST GRADUATE PROGRAM|
||M.Tech (Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering)
||Nature of Program
||Year of Sanction
Highlights of the Department:
Accreditation and Public Perception
- Accredited thrice by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Process work flow (Academic + Administrative) as per ISO 9001:2015
- Strong Industry advisory board
- Autonomy syllabus in consultation with Industry
Faculty and Support Staff
- Highly qualified (PhD-12, pursuing PhD-13) and experienced (Average teaching experience-12 years) Teaching Faculty
- Good faculty retention ratio (Approximately 97 %)
- Active participation and lead at various University activities
- Results are consistently well above average University results and Twelve (17) University Rankers for last 4 years
- Prize winning performances at national level project/paper competition
- Higher education in and abroad India
- Representation at Indian administrative/Public services (03)
- Working towards betterment of society through in-house value added project development.
- Good number of publications of students in National and International conference as well as Journals (50+).
Tie-up labs with Industry / Academic/research institutes of repute
- Established “VIIT National Instrument LabVIEW Academy”
- Green lab with SOLAR energy through 48 V DC grid
- Centre of Excellence of “ifm Germany”
- TIFR and BARC sponsored projects
- Established Centre of excellence with Texas Instruments and nodal centre for training
- Lab with SM technologies for IC design and fabrication
- State of the art communication lab under MODROB scheme
- Experiential learning in power /Industrial drive facility
- Virtual Laboratory of IIT, Bombay
- Good On campus Placement Record with average Salary of 5.44 lakhs/-
- Special efforts for Off campus recruitment through Industry interaction
- Vacation Internship for students at various industries
Research and Consultancy
- Research grants (AICTE, ISRO-SPPU Space, RGST, BCUD-SPPU, TIFR, VPRS) and Consultancy over Rs.1.73Crore.
- Patents Filed: 12 and Copyrights: 03
- 200+ Publication by Faculty at national /international journal/conferences