Program Educational Objectives:
Graduates of the program will become competent engineers suitable for the mechanical engineering based industry and higher education.
Graduates of the program will acquire the necessary foundation in fundamental mechanical engineering subjects for development of mathematical and analytical abilities.
Graduates of the program will acquire the knowledge and skills in mechanical engineering to provide technological solutions.
Graduates of the program will learn managerial, financial and ethical practices such as, project and financial management skills, multidisciplinary approach and soft skills.
Graduates of the program will respond to growing demands of society through lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes: At the end of the program, a student will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering with focus on Mechanical Engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate and analyze a problem using principles of basic sciences and Mechanical Engineering.
- Design/development of solutions: Design a system, component or process to fulfill desired needs within realistic constraints such as manufacturing, economic, environmental, social, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Modern tool usage: Apply techniques, skills, and modern Mechanical Engineering tools such as CAD, CAM and CAE necessary for engineering practice.
- The engineer and society: Acquire the broad education necessary to understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in the context of global, economic, environmental, cultural, legal and social issues.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member of multidisciplinary team.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society
- Project management and finance: Apply project and financial management principles as a leader and team member in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need and engage in life-long learning.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
At the end of the mechanical engineering program, a student will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of machine design, manufacturing and thermal engineering to describe, formulate and analyze mechanical systems and processes with realistic constraint.
2. Design and analyze machine elements using modern engineering tools.