SAE VIIT CHAPTER
• SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a network of engineer, executives, educators and students from more than 110 countries who come together to share information and exchange ideas for advancing the engineering of mobility systems
• SAE India currently has 5 sections in India Government College of Engineering, Pune
• There are about 2,000 regular member and more than 27,500 student members in SAE India and the membership is still increasing•In 2011 & 2013, TEAM V.I.I.T participated in SAEINDIA BAJA which is a competition to design an all terrain buggy
• Congratulations to Team Vishwaracers secured 5th all India rank out of 122 teams in the SAE Supra 2018 National level competition held at Buddha International Circuit, Greater Noida from 11th June to 16th June 2018.
• Runner-up award for the cost-efficient vehicle - Rs. 20,000.
• Runner-up award for an auto-cross dynamic event - Rs. 20,000.
• We at SAE VIIT CHAPTER encourage students to participate in various technical conventions held at A.R.A.I PUNE
• In year 2014 we secured 17th position amongst 173 teams in the designing phase for SUPRA 2014 (Separate slide with more details about the event, team photo, analysis images, etc.)
• In 2012, participated in SAE SUPRA. We won the MOST COST EFFECTIVE VEHICLE AWARD