Department Cell Profile
The Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology lays a strong emphasis on the sponsored research and industrial interaction. Over the years, the institute has aimed at and succeeded in increasing it’s industrial outreach and even set up many modern laboratories in association with the industry.
Keeping all this in mind, it was extremely vital for the institute to have its own industrial relations cell. That’s why the Industry Institute Interaction Cell(I2IC) was formed. The I2IC’s main focus of work is to solidify and enhance industrial relations of the institute. It also works in the Institute to provide specialized administrative and managerial support for the operations of sponsored research projects, industrial visits and other activities
A. Motivation: -
- To enhance the better interaction in between of institution and industry is very much essential for the Today’s world, and it makes a good platform for showcasing best practice, latest technological advancements and their implementation and impact on the industry.
- The main objective of interaction between of industry and institute is to improve the quality technical education adequately to meet the needs of the industry.
- Industry Institute Interaction continuously supplied input to better teaching-learning processes, create awareness among the students about the environment of industry, provide real practical knowledge to students and provide self-confidence for students to become an entrepreneur.
The above can be achieved by providing the very good bridge between industry and the academic institute.
B. Objectives: -
- Better academia-industry collaboration will create graduates who have know-how of the industry they will work in and create better future employees.
- Academia and industry share a symbiotic relationship. Academia produces graduates who are absorbed by industry.
- Research work in universities are taken up by the industry and turned into products and services.
- Industry on the other hand looks to academia for solutions to their concerns.
The following schemes have been undertaken to promote the good Institute-Industry Interaction for our institute.
C. To promote Industry - Institute Interaction following schemes are being undertaken
- To give industrial exposure to faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their knowledge to cope with the industrial culture
- To assist the departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries
- Encouraging Engineers from industries to visit institution to deliver lectures
- Participation of experts from industries, in curriculum development
- To organize industrial visits for faculty members and students
- To encourage faculty members to use their expertise in solving the problems faced by the industries, thus creating opportunity for consultancy
- Industrial testing by faculty and technician at site, or in laboratory
- To organize in-plant training/internships for the students
- To identify the areas for executive development programmes in the areas of recent technological advances
- To assist the Departments in establishing rapport with industries for taking up mini projects and UG/PG projects/ dissertation work under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry
- To coordinate/ identify industrial partners for proposing ‘Centre for Excellence’
- To strengthen Alumni relations
- To assist the Training and Placement Cell
- Visit of industry executives and practicing engineers to the institute for seeing research work and laboratories
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the institute
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- To participate & promote for various industry surveys