Held on: 23rd February 2019
Organized By: Department of Engineering & Applied Sciences, V.I.I.T., Pune
The Parent Teachers Meeting for F.Y. B.Tech was scheduled on 23 rd Feb 2019 to discuss about students attendance, progress and performance at Engineering and Applied Sciences department. The parents were intimated about meeting well in advance through ERP, Class Teachers and Mentors (Batch Guardians). Objective of the meeting was shared and concerns from parents and Institute were addressed.
The meeting was conducted at E&AS department from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm, which was graced by about 125 parents.
- Dr. B. S. Karkare, Director, Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, addressed the parents regarding Industry Version 4.0, Induction program conducted by Institute, Interdisciplinary Knowledge, Internship, Use of Mobile for education purpose and Project based learning.
- Dr. S. S. Chinchnikar, Dean Academics, VIIT addressed the parents regarding the best practices followed by Institute for effective teaching learning process and Placement at VIIT.
- Dr. V.A.Patil, HOD, E&AS Department, highlighted the attendance, Result and different activities carried out at department level for the development of students.
Highlights of Parent Teacher Meeting:
- Around 125 parents attended the meeting.
- Importance of Autonomy Syllabus and Industry Academic Collaborations.
- Effective use of Mobile for education.
- ICT tool usage, e-learning platform helps to be updated as per Industry needs.
- Internship process for all students.
- Question Answer session for the interaction between parent and Director, Dean Academics and HOD.
- Discussion on students specific strengths and weakness in individual subjects and students discipline in classroom.
- Parent feedback was taken.
Parents expressed their happiness towards Institute and department regarding to curriculum implementation approach as well as efforts put in for the overall development of the students.