The college has established a strong group under NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME for contributing towards the society. NSS was established at VIIT in 2008 by former principal Dr. A.S. Tavildar, Dr. R.S. Acharya, Prof. B.P. Dane with strong support of 35 students. As part of this, the college has adopted a village JamgaonDisli approximately 35 Km from Pune,nearMulshi, for various social development activities.As a result of the efforts taken by our students, the village Jamgaon has recently acquired the Status of NIRMAL GRAM in January 2010.
- Tree plantation program conducted every year
- Blood donation twice a year
- Guest lectures and seminars: Yoga and meditation, motivational lectures
- Educational activities at Jamgaon
- Road safety abhiyan
- 8 days residential camp
- Toilet construction
- Biogas projects
- Solar energy projects
- Jamgaon declared as Nirmal Gram in 2010
- R.S. Acharya awarded with Innovative program officer, Pune University
- AdarashKedari awarded as Best NSS volunteer, Pune University
- Largest NSS unit among all Engineering colleges
- 3 Girls from Jamgaon are students of VIIT, Ms. SarikaDokh passed out in 2014 (E&TC) and working in MNC.
- With the efforts of education activity conducted by NSS volunteers 10th result of Jamgaon is 100% since last 5 years.
- MoU with Tata Motors (Tree plantation)and BARC for rural development
- Jamgoan rated as ISO 9001:2008 village
- JamgaonSarpnach Mr. Hanumant Survey received AdarshSarpanch Award
- NSS volunteers get placement in MNCs with the good package – Ms AnuradhaDhumal, Mr. Pratik Vishwakarma
- Some of the NSS volunteers are civil officers – Mr. Pratik Thube (IAS officer), Mr. RavirajShivchand
|Having good character means that you have such admirable traits as honesty, responsibility and courage. For this purpose, NSS arranged a Character-Building Seminar at VIIT for FY students. Mr Aubrey Aloysius, President of LAMP Trust, was invited as chief guest for the seminar