Yearly sports activities in VIIT.
- Every year VIIT college giving open platform for all students (Men / Women) to Participate in Various Indoor and Outdoor sports Tournaments like International / National / interEngineering National /State/University intercollegiate /University Zonal /All India inter University / University West Zone / Enter Engineering Intercollegiate / Annual Sports (inter-departmental Sports) etc.
- Sports Department is working on overall Personality development of students like developed leadership and event management qualities/communication and presentation skills / Group activity skills / Team and sporting spirit / Understanding for each other as human being/control emotions / Outside knowledge about sports / behave like a Family members / Unity and strengths/friends forever / sports is not only winner or loser but the participation is important / Self-motivation / students get a chance to public speaking skills etc.
- Social Health / Mental Health / Physical health Awareness / to learn sports-related new techniques with internet and Published social media etc.
- To organizing various indoor and outdoor sports tournaments in college at State / National / intercollegiate level.
- To available sports playing & organizing facilities in sports room for Carrom / Chess / Table tennis / Boxing game and also available sports ground for outdoor events in college for whole year.
- Ever year Organized Sports day programme like Inter-Departmental Sports meet.
- Selection Trails are conducted and teams are selected accordingly.
- Students sports council is selected every year Like Sports President /Sports Secretary / Sports ladies representative / Sports Advisor / Departmental Heads & Coordinator / technical Team / Event Management team / Documentation teams etc and this committee are working in student’s sports activity.
- Sports Induction programmed are organized for first year as per schedule.
|Gymkhana Staff Committee||Students Sports Council Members|
||Name of Staff
||Name of student
|| Prof.(Dr.) Jayashree Bagade
(Sports Head & dean student activity )
||Shubham Gite (Mech)
|| Sports President
||Prof. Namdev Phatangare (Dir.Phy.Edu.)
|| Dhruv Joshi
|| Sports Secretary
|| Prof. Anup Ingle
|| E & AS
|| Prajakta Limbore
|| Prof.Pawan Wawge
|| Navam Shah
|| Prof.Mahenra Ghadge
|| Abhishek Hange
|| Prof.Avinash Somatkar
|| Surya Ruikar
|| Jt.Ladies Representative
||E & TC
||E & TC
Initiative during global pandemic / online and offline learning sports activity
In the academic year 2020-21,
The Sports Department aims to change the way of how they tackle the pandemic situation. The students in the Sports Council are coming up with different ways to make sure that healthy living is a part of this lockdown life as well. Many interesting and virtual events are planned for the year ahead so that students can feel inspired and take the next steps to make their lives fitter.
The Sports Council at VIIT created an Instagram fitness video challenge campaign to keep the spirits of their fellow students energetic during the lockdown Sports Council students enthusiastically took the initiative to shoot easy home workout videos The students also undergo medical check-up, BMI and doctor’s visit. All this helps the students to realize the healthy way to lead their college life.