- Excellence in the field of Computer Engineering enabling holistic development for rendering services to the industry and society
- To facilitate meaningful collaborations between our students, the industry, and society. Through internships, industry partnerships, and community engagement projects.
- To provide a comprehensive technical education in the field of Computer Engineering. Through rigorous academic programs and practical experiences.
- To create an environment that nurtures their intellectual, emotional, and ethical growth. By offering a range of extracurricular activities, mentorship opportunities, and character-building initiatives.
Since 2002, the Department of Computer Engineering, VIIT is dedicated to imparting quality education in the field of Computer Engineering. We currently offer a four-year full-time undergraduate (B.Tech.) degree program with an intake of 240, a postgraduate program (M.Tech) and a Ph.D. program. The program has been accredited multiple times by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and at present we have Tier-I accreditation till 2025. The processes followed in the department are as per ISO 9001:2018.
The department takes pride in its student achievements, with awards won at university and national level events. It facilitates higher studies at esteemed institutions worldwide with scholarships. The strong collaboration of the department, with industry, reputed institutes and alumni network, facilitates campus-connect programs, industry-sponsored labs, course design, course implementation, good placements and internships. This year all students underwent internships and the placements were over 90%.
Active forums and technical clubs achieve dynamic student engagement. They promote practical learning, teamwork, networking, and events like hackathon. I congratulate the winners of GeeksforGeeks Hackathon, this year, who won a prize of five lakhs rupees.
The department has well qualified, experienced faculty who follow the NBA prescribed philosophy of outcome-based education (OBE). Our teaching is learner-centric, with importance given to achieving the objectives of the learning process. Our course curriculum is in line with industry needs and current technology advancements, with design inputs from industry, academy experts and alumni. Activities and student interactions, in the department, are planned and executed, with a constant awareness of needs of stakeholders. There are four special interest groups (SIGs) within the department – named Artificial Intelligence, Networking, Systems and Software and Quantum Computing, provide a platform for focused research, development and upskilling through collaborative effort. The SIGs contribute in securing IPRs, research grants and obtaining funds for consultancy. This year, all faculty members advanced their research activities and four completed their Ph.D., leading to a total count of fourteen Ph.D. holders, in the department.
I warmly welcome all, to the new academic year in the department, and give my best wishes to happy learning for all in A.Y. 2023-24.
Dr.Sachin R. Sakhare,
Professor & Head, Department of Computer Engineering
||B.Tech. Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
||M.Tech. Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
|Ph. D PROGRAM|
||Ph. D Program in Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
Highlights of the Computer Engineering Department-
- The Department of Computer Engineering has received NBA accreditation for three years up to 2025 in Tier1.
- Academic and administrative processes are as per ISO 9001:2018
- Excellent Placements ( Above 90 %) with average package of Rs. 8.5 Lakhs/annum. 618 Placement Offers (Single Offers) from 200+ Companies in past 5 years.
- 07 Entrepreneurs in past three Years.
- Department has a strong collaboration with industries and research Institutes (e.g. TIFR, IUUCA, C-DAC, Amazon Web Services(AWS), Microsoft Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Quick Heal, Persistent System, IBM, Cognizant, IFM )
- Department has 17 Patents Granted, 31 Patents Published, 13 Copyrights are Registered.
- Department received Research Grant & Consultancy of Rs. 83 Lacs
- Department has established Industry Sponsored labs viz. RED HAT ACADEMY(Social innovation & Incubation ), ICC (Infosys Campus Connect) In Association with Infosys, CCNA Networking Academy sponsored by CISCO System Ltd, Tata Honeywell WEC ICT Lab, Center of Excellence BI ( Business Intelligence ) Lab in association with PRIMUS TechSystems.
- Department has active student forums & technical club (Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Computer Society of India(CSI), Coding forum and Hackathon Club, Cyber Cell, ML Forum, IoT Forum).
- Highlights of Student Forums
- CSI Students chapter received Best Accredited Student Branch Award 2 Times.
- Organised CSI state and regional level conventions 2 times.
- Regional ACM Convention was Organized in September 2022.
- Cyber Cell Organises International Level event “VishwaCTF” every year.
- Organised State Level Star Hackathon in association with Pune Smart City
- Students are taken Admission for Higher studies in various top Foreign and National Universities with scholarships like Purdue University, University of Texas at Austin, State University of Newyork, IISC Bangalore, IIT Madras, IIT Mumbai.
- Excellent Internships (100 % in last 3 Years) with monthly stipend.
1) 500+ Internship offers from 300+ companies 2) Highest Stipend received : Rs. 42000/month
- Department has a strong and active alumni forum.
- Students consistently won Awards at various University and National level events such as Hackthan, Idia competation organized by Govt. of India, NASSCOM, Other Institutes.
- Department has State of Art Computing Facilities: NVIDIA A100 GPU, Apple IMAC machines.
- Strong Industry Collaboration
- Active Association with 50+ Industries
- 04 Industry Associated Labs
- 80+ workshops and Guest lectures for Students and Faculty members
- Training to Indutry persons are given by some faculty members
- 160+ Industry Associated Projects, 20+ research projects associated with C-DAC Pune, & New Delhi, IMD-Pune, IISER-Pune.
- Industry Experts are involvement in Curriculum Design and Development
- Some of the Elective courses are taught by industry experts.
- As a part of Sabbatical Training some faculty members are being deputed ecvery year.
||Computer Engineering - 2002-2003
|Total Number of Classrooms
|Total Number of Laboratories
|Total consultancy and Sponsored Project cost
|| Rs. 98,22,700 /-
|Total No of Publications
|Total No of IPR
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
At the end of program, students should be able to
- PSO A: Use knowledge to write programs and integrate them with the hardware/software products in the domains of embedded systems, data Science, networking and web technology.
- PSO B: Participate in planning and implement solutions to cater to business – specific requirements, displaying team dynamics and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
At the end of program, students should be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, social and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO's)
- Equipped with sound knowledge of mathematics, science, and technology to build logical base of computer engineering that will be useful in solving complex engineering problems and develop enduring learning ability.
- Capable of understanding and applying fundamentals of all subjects of computer engineering to analyze, design, and implement new projects from various application domains using modern engineering tools.
- Prepared to deliver social and professional responsibilities ethically
- Equipped with communication, presentation and entrepreneurial skills thus making them competent professionals at global level.