"Excellence in the field of Computer Engineering for rendering services to the industry and society"
- To empower our students for substantial contribution to economical, technological, entrepreneurial and social progress of the society
- To strive for excellence at different levels and diverse dimensions in the field of computer engineering
- To encourage students to pursue research and advanced studies for better adaptability towards globalization
Since 2002, the Department of Computer Engineering, VIIT is dedicated to imparting quality education in the field of Computer Engineering. We now offer a four-year full-time Undergraduate (B.Tech.) degree program with an intake of 240. We offer a Postgraduate program as well, and this year we start with our Ph.D. program too.
The Computer Engineering program has been accredited three times by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) up to the year 2021. The department has state-of-art well-equipped laboratories and well qualified, experienced faculty who follow the NBA prescribed philosophy of outcome-based education (OBE). Our teaching is learner-centric, with importance given to achieving the objectives of the learning process. Our syllabus is in line with industry needs and includes contributions from industry experts. Various other activities and student interactions, in the department, are planned with a constant awareness of the graduate attribute that student should have at the end of the program.
In the past few months, during the lockdown period due to COVID-19 pandemic, systematic learning continued for our students. The faculty immediately switched to online delivery of lectures and practical sessions. Many other online activities were organized for students for proper utilization of time. Two such activities are a lecture series by Computer Society of India (CSI) and Machine Learning (ML) course by ACM.
Dr.Sachin R. Sakhare,
Head, Department of Computer Engineering
||B.Tech. Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
||M.Tech. Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
|Ph. D PROGRAM|
||Ph. D Program in Computer Engineering
||Nature of Program
Highlights of the Computer Engineering Department-
- The Department of Computer Engineering has received NBA accreditation for three years up to 2025 in Tier1.
- Academic and administrative processes are as per ISO 9001:2018
- Excellent Placements ( Above 90 %) with average package of Rs. 6.5 Lakhs/annum. 618 Placement Offers (Single Offers) from 200+ Companies in past 3 years.
- 06 Entrepreneurs in past three Years.
- Department has a strong collaboration with industries and research Institutes (e.g. TIFR, IUUCA, Amazon Web Services(AWS), Microsoft Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Quick Heal, Persistent System, IBM, Cognizant )
- Department has 17 Patents Granted, 31 Patents Published, 13 Copyrights are Registered.
- Department received Research Grant & Consultancy of Rs. 83 Lacs
- Department has established Industry Sponsored labs viz.GSE-RED(Social innovation & Incubation ), IOT', ICC(Infosys Campus Connect), CISCO Networking Academy sponsored by CISCO.
- Department has active student forums & technical club (Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Computer Society of India(CSI), ISACA, Coding forum and Hackathon Club, Cyber Cell, ML Forum, IoT Forum).
- Highlights of Student Forums
- CSI Students chapter received Best Accredited Student Branch Award 2 Times.
- Organised CSI State and regional level conventions 2 times
- ACM Convention is proposed on 28-29 September 2022.
- Cyber Cell Organises International Level event “VishwaCTF” since last 2 years.
- Organised State Level Star Hackathon in association with Pune Smart City
- Students are admitted in top US and Indian Universities with scholarships
- Excellent Internships (100 % in last 2 Years) with monthly stipend.
1) 500+ Internship offers from 300+ companies 2) Highest Stipend received : Rs. 42000/month
- Department has received consecutively the best CSI student branch award for the 2nd time in the Year 2019-20.
- Department has a strong and active alumni forum.
- Students consistently won awards at University and National level events.
- Department has Server Machine with NVIDIA A100 GPU , 27 Apple IMAC machines and MATLAB.
- 06 teams won prizes in Hackathons organised by GOI, NASCOM, other Institutes.
- Strong Industry Collaboration
- Active Association with 30+ Industries
- 04 Industry Associated Labs
- 60+ workshops and Guest lectures for Students and Faculty members
- 05 Faculty Members are involved in giving training to industry persons
- 143 Industry Associated Projects
- Industry involvement in curriculum design and development
- 03 courses are delivered by industry persons for entire semester
- 03 Faculty members were deputed in the industry for 03 months as a part of sabbaticals.
- Collaborations with Research Institutes
- 06 Research Projects and 25 Students received Internship from CDAC, Pune and New Delhi
- 03 Research Projects from IMD, Pune
- 01 Student group present paper at prestigious ISRO Symposium(NSSS2022).
||Computer Engineering - 2002-2003
|Total Number of Classrooms
|Total Number of Laboratories
|Total consultancy and Sponsored Project cost
|| Rs. 83,22,700 /-
|Total No of Publications
|Total No of IPR
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
At the end of program, students should be able to
- PSO A: Use knowledge to write programs and integrate them with the hardware/software products in the domains of embedded systems, data Science, networking and web technology.
- PSO B: Participate in planning and implement solutions to cater to business – specific requirements, displaying team dynamics and professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
At the end of program, students should be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, social and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO's)
- Equipped with sound knowledge of mathematics, science, and technology to build logical base of computer engineering that will be useful in solving complex engineering problems and develop enduring learning ability.
- Capable of understanding and applying fundamentals of all subjects of computer engineering to analyze, design, and implement new projects from various application domains using modern engineering tools.
- Prepared to deliver social and professional responsibilities ethically
- Equipped with communication, presentation and entrepreneurial skills thus making them competent professionals at global level.