- Excellence in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for learner’s holistic development.
- To inspire and equip a new generation of computer engineers with cutting-edge technologies in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- To cultivate a culture of academic excellence, entrepreneurship, research, and innovation in the field of AI & ML.
- To foster values of diversity, equity and ethics for shaping a sustainable future.
Dr. Gitanjali R. Shinde
Associate Professor & Head,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
[Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning]
About the Department:
Computer science and engineering is a field that constantly developing and integrating different disciplines and technologies to create creative solutions to challenging issues. With the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), computer science and engineering have become increasingly important because they have aided in the development of intelligent machines that can learn from data and continuously better their performance.
Students will learn the fundamental knowledge and abilities required to design, develop, and implement intelligent systems in the computer science and engineering programme for AI and ML. Machine learning, natural language processing, perception, decision-making, and robotics are among the foundational ideas of AI that are introduced to students. The course also covers the fundamentals of statistics, data analysis, and artificial intelligence, allowing students to use these methods.
Students who complete the AI and ML programme are prepared for a range of careers, including research scientists, data scientists, machine learning engineers, etc. The demand for skilled AI and ML professionals is rising as a result of the quick development of technology and the expansion of big data, making it a profitable area to work in. In conclusion, the computer science and engineering programme in AI and ML is a promising field of study that allows students to investigate the nexus between technology, data, and intelligence. It makes it a great career option for those who are interested in cutting-edge technology and innovation because it gives them the knowledge, skills, and expertise needed to create intelligent systems that have the potential to change the world.
B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering ( Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
Nature of Programme
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
At the end of program, students should be able to
PSO 1: Design and develop intelligent systems using AI-ML tools, frameworks, and technologies in the field of computer science, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
PSO 2: To implement AI-ML driven holistic solution for the society considering ethics, effective planning and team dynamics.
Program Outcomes (POs):
At the end of program, students should be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, social and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.