"Empowering students to be resourceful Electronics and Communication engineers with holistic development"
To provide conducive environment of academic and research with multidisciplinary approach through experiential learning
To ensure strong industry collaboration in creating innovation culture through sustainable technologies
To prepare engineering professionals with highest ethical values and a sense of responsible citizenship
Dr. Shraddha K. Habbu
Head of the Department
About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication is one of the major departments of Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology established in 2002 offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs:
With the change in engineering education scenario, we impart education with an appropriate skill to make our graduate competent for Industry, higher education, research, and entrepreneurship. We strive to satisfy demand raised by Industry by making students to face future generation technology and applications in consortium with our stakeholders like Industry and research institute of repute. Dynamic Updation of curriculum in tune with current requirements is vital in view of academic autonomy.
Faculty members in the department modulate teaching based on their research experience and strive continuously to become effective facilitator. In the philosophy of Outcome Based Education (OBE), curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are student centric.
|UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAM|
||B.Tech (Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering)
||Nature of Program
|POST GRADUATE PROGRAM|
||M.Tech (Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering)
||Nature of Program
||Year of Sanction
Highlights of the Department:
Accreditation and Public Perception
- Tier I accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Process work flow (Academic + Administrative) as per ISO 21001:2018
- Strong Industry advisory board
- Autonomy syllabus in consultation with Industry
Faculty and Support Staff
- Highly qualified PhD-20, M Tech-16 and experienced (Average teaching experience-12 years) Teaching Faculty
- Good faculty retention ratio (95 %)
- Active participation and lead at various University activities
- Prize winning performances at national level project/paper competition
- Higher education in and abroad India
- Representation at Indian administrative/Public services
- Working towards betterment of society through in-house value added project development.
- Good number of publications of students in National and International conference as well as Journals (50+).
Tie-up labs with Industry / Academic/research institutes of repute
- Established “VIIT National Instrument LabVIEW Academy”
- Green lab with SOLAR energy through 48 V DC grid
- Centre of Excellence of “ifm Germany”
- TIFR and BARC sponsored projects
- Established Centre of excellence with Texas Instruments and nodal centre for training
- State of the art communication lab under MODROB scheme
- Experiential learning in power /Industrial drive facility
- Virtual Laboratory of IIT, Bombay
- Good On campus Placement Record with average Salary of 6.20 lakhs/-
- Special efforts for Off campus recruitment through Industry interaction
- Internship for students at various industries
Research and Consultancy
- Research grants (AICTE, ISRO-SPPU Space, RGST, BCUD-SPPU, TIFR, VPRS) and Consultancy over Rs.1.73Crore.
- Patents Granted:15, Published: 06, Filed: 02 and Copyrights: 07
- 200+ Publication by Faculty at national /international journal/conferences
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
Graduates will be able to
- Apply and demonstrate the usage of hardware and software platforms for variety of applications.
- Apply different mathematical and statistical methods for analysis and design of signal processing and communication systems.
Program Outcomes (PO):
A graduate of the program will have
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding ofthe engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Graduates of the program will become competent electronicengineers suitable for industry.
- Graduates of the program will apply the mathematical and analytical abilities gained through core courses of Electronics and Communication
- Graduates of the program will apply problem solving skills todevelop hardware and/or software.
- Graduates of the program will become responsible citizen.