Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell Established an ‘Innovation cell’ with a purpose of systematically fostering the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
Focus on creating complete ecosystem which will foster the culture of
- Innovation across educational institutions from ideas generation
- Pre-incubation, Incubation to successful start-ups
- Designing ranking system to identify institutions in the forefront of innovation.
IIC, VIIT was established in the academic year 2018-2019 by a group of highly enthusiastic professors willing to promote Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the college. Each IIC has a President, Vice president and a Convenor in order to look after the council and guide the members towards the path of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
- IPR cell encouraged 12 faculty members and 1 office staff to do NPTEL 12-week course on “Patent Law for engineers and Scientists” Prof. Firoz Ali, IIT Madras. All 13 learners have successfully completed all assignments. IPR cell will reimburse the examination fees of the learners at successful completion of the course.
- NIC (National Innovation Contest): VIIT students have performed gracefully in NIC. With 6 Prototypes approved and 5 Teams shortlisted for Stage 1. Out of which 2 have been shortlisted for stage 2 evaluation. Two Prototypes was selected in final stage.
- VIIT students have actively participated in AICTE- Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards conducted in the year 2020. 5 teams were shortlisted for next stage scrutiny.
- Smart India Hackathon:
- Team Agastya Won 1st Prize of Rs. 1 Lakh
- Special Prize of Rs. 25K Won by Team ENIGMATIC CIPHERERS
- The Times Engineering Institute Rankings 2021:
- Top 175 Engineering Institute Rankings 2021 : VIIT - 125
- Top 125 Private Engineering Institute Rankings 2021 VIIT - 115
- NIRF Innovation Ranking 2022:
- Certificate (Band 51-100)
Glimpse of Latest Activities: